CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Coast Guard is search for a missing crewmember after a vessel sank in the La Quinta Channel near Ingleside, Texas, Tuesday morning.
Coast Guard Sector/Air Station Corpus Christi watchstanders received notification that the vessel Cristi sank approximately 100 yards north of Ingleside Point at 10:30 a.m. Two men were reported to be working onboard the vessel when it sank. One crewmember was recovered by a good Samaritan vessel with no reported medical concerns. The search is ongoing for the other crewmember.
Due to the location of the sunken vessel, the La Quinta Channel is closed to vessel traffic at this time.
Coast Guard Sector/Air Station Corpus Christi personnel are coordinating vessel salvage and pollution response efforts. The cause of the vessel sinking is currently under investigation.
Involved in the search are:
- A Sector/Air Station Corpus Christi MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew
- The crew of Coast Guard Cutter Manta
- A Coast Guard Station Port Aransas 45-foot Response Boat-Medium boat crew
- The Port of Corpus Christi Police Department
- Texas Parks & Wildlife Department side-scan sonar vessel
Anyone with any information is requested to contact the Sector/Air Station Corpus Christi command center at 361-939-0450.